Strengthening European Cooperation in Vocational Education and Training"A Europe of Skills: let's do the Job!
On 30 November 2002, the Education Ministers of 31 European countries and the European Commission adopted the Copenhagen Declaration on enhanced cooperation in European vocational education and training. The meeting was also attended by the European Social Partners, underlining their commitment and indispensable role in the enhancement of cooperation in vocational education and training. The Copenhagen Declaration stated: "A meeting in two years time will be held to review progress and give advice on priorities and strategies".
The Dutch Presidency is therefore co-organising with the European Commission (DG EAC) a series of events, to take place in The Hague 3-5 October 2004 and in Maastricht 13-16 December 2004, aimed at further strengthening European cooperation in vocational and educational training. This series of events will bring together the key political and practical processes and players concerned with the adoption and implementation of a Copenhagen-to-Maastricht Communiqué. The Communiqué will update the Copenhagen declaration, reporting on progress made since November 2002, and setting new priorities and strategies for the coming two years.
On this website, you will find more information on the series of events in The Hague and Maastricht.
These events are: The Hague:
• Meeting of Directors-General for Vocational Education and Training (4 and 5 October 2004)
• Seminar "European Vocational Education and Training: solutions at sectoral level" (5 and 6 October 2004) Maastricht
• Meeting of Directors-General for Vocational Education and Training (13 December 2004)
• Ministerial meeting (14 December 2004)
• Conference "Strengthening European Cooperation in Vocational Education and Training" (15 December 2004)
• Leonardo da Vinci exhibition (14-16 December 2004)
• First Leonardo da Vinci Award Ceremony (15 December 2004)
• Information day, including LdV exhibition (16 December 2004)
• Joint Meeting of Leonardo da Vinci Committee and National Agencies (16 December 2004)
Please note that the events in The Hague and Maastricht are by invitation from the European Commission and the Dutch Presidency only. The Info Day on 16 December in Maastricht will be open to a wider public.