EAEA gets a new president
The new president of EAEA is Per Paludan Hansen from Denmark. The newly elected executive board has 11 members in addition to the president.
EAEA members gathered for a General Assembly in Leicester, UK today to vote for new leaders. Sue Waddington from The National Institute of Adult Continuing Education (NIACE), UK, left her position after four and a half years as the president of EAEA. Her work is continued by Per Paludan Hansen who represents the Danish Adult Education Association.
Mr Hansen held a speech to the EAEA membership after the votes had been revealed.
"I am looking forward to work on challenges we meet in our common work. We have a good team", he says.
EAEA Executive Board 2013-2015
President: Per Paludan Hansen (the Danish Adult Education Association, Denmark), EAEA Board Member since 2008
- Gerhard Bisovsky (Verband Österreichischer Volkshochschulen, Austria), EAEA Board Member since 2012
- Joyce Black (NIACE, UK), EAEA Board Member since 2013
- Uwe Gartenschlaeger (DVV, Germany), EAEA Board Member since 2008
- Tapio Kujala (Finnish Adult Education Association, Finland), EAEA Board Member since 2013
- David Lopez (La Ligue de l'enseignement, France), EAEA Board Member since 2011
- Mariana Matache (EUROED Association, Romania), EAEA Board Member since 2013
- Niamh O´Reilly (AONTAS, Ireland), EAEA Board Member since 2011
- Susana Oliveira (Kerigma, Portugal), EAEA Board Member since 2013
- Katarina Popovic (Adult Education Society, Serbia), EAEA Board Member since 2008
- Dennis Wacht (Learn for Life, the Netherlands), EAEA Board Member since 2013
- Amelie von Zweigbergk (Swedish Adult Education Association), EAEA Board Member since 2013
Text: Aura Vuorenrinne