15.12.2017 IN FOCUS
Job opening: EAEA is looking for an Administration Officer
EAEA is looking for an Administration Officer who could join the Brussels office at the beginning of 2018.
- A permanent contract for a full-time position (38h);
- An NGO salary based on experience and benefits (lunch allowance, partial public transport reimbursement, pension insurance);
- Possibility to participate in trainings and learning activities;
- Working in a small and very motivated team.
- General administration: correspondence with the Belgian authorities and administrative services, management of relationships with suppliers and service providers, filing of documents, managing insurances;
- Financial administration: invoicing, payments, expense reimbursement, monitoring of payment receipt, preparation of financial reports for the Board in cooperation with the external accountant; financial administration of projects: managing the project accounts, invoicing, project payments etc.;
- Human resources: contact with the social secretariat, management of the salaries, management of staff recruitment;
- Event management: reservation of meeting and training rooms, reservation of hotels, booking of catering services and restaurants, organisation of travel arrangements of the staff etc.;
- Management of the member network: management of the member database, recruitment of new members.
Qualities and experience sought:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the administration or office management of an NGO or small company, ideally in a European/international setting;
- Knowledge of Belgian rules and regulations for non-profit organisations;
- Fluent English and a very good level of French and/or Dutch; additional language skills welcome;
- Solid computer skills (Microsoft Office; social media; MailChimp etc.);
- Strong interest in adult learning;
- Very good team-working skills, accuracy, flexibility, and reliability;
- Valid work permit for Belgium;
- Available from January 2018 or as soon as possible.
Would you like to join our team? Please send your application attached to an e-mail by 7 January 2018 to the EAEA Policy Officer Raffaela Kihrer at email@example.com. We will evaluate the applications on a rolling basis.
Please mention “Administration Officer” in the subject line. The application must include a CV and a motivation letter in the pdf format with your name in the file name.
EAEA strives to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all applicants. We value diversity regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.