Адукацыя без межаў
International Public Association "Education without Borders"
Lugovaya Str. 1
223947 Dunaevo, Republic of Belarus
Tel.: (00375) 29 93 25 185, (00375) 29 388 25 64
Priorities for our work are
- Strengthening of professional community in the field of non-formal education. In cooperation with our partners in Belarus and other countries we offer short-term programmes (seminars, conferences, study visits) for andragogues and specialists working with young people. In that way we try to widen a picture of different aspects of organizational structure and functioning of non-formal adult and youth education in different countries and facilitate to develop professional competences of participants.
- Providing of educational services for young people and adult inhabiting rural areas and small settlements. We try to enhance their possibilities to get knowledge, new experience, to extend contacts with herd mates form other regions of Belarus and other countries, to develop social and civic competences through international exchanges, youth summer camping, workshops and subject-aimed projects.
Most interesting topics for us are adult education theory and systems, project based education and outdoor education, local and sustainable development, ecological issues, cultural and intercultural learning, active citizenship, development of volunteer movement in Belarus
- short-term educational programmes (workshops, seminars) for adults,
- study circles for university students and adults.
- florists club,
- international and volunteer summer camps,
- study visit and workshops for andragogues,
- practice place for university students
- The project "The Parliament of Memories : the Lessons of Courage" was aimed at collecting memories about the examples of civil courage and develop proposals for modern study materials, which could be used in different educational institutions (2007-2008). In 2011 the book ‘Parliament of Memory: the Stories of Belarusian ‘Ostarbeiters´ was published as a part of the project. It includes materials on the history of deportation of Belarusian people for forced labor in Germany during the Wolrd War II, the memories of the ‘ostarbeiters´ themselves and the description of the interview methods, used in the course of this project.
- Joint Swedish-Belarusian project "Adult education: experience from Sweden" was realized in co-operation with Swedish trade union of FHS-teachers and Linkoping university. A study visit for a group of Belarusian experts to Sweden and a number of workshops in Belarus for different targets groups (adult education researches, school teachers and NGO trainers) were organized as part of this project. It was supported by the Swedish Institute (2007-2008).
- The project "Via feelings to environmental consciousness" was based on the values and principles of outdoor education and included educational workshops for youth and trainers. A manual on theory and methods of outdoor teaching was developed as well (2008).
- The project "Eco-summer in Komarovo" is aimed at supporting volunteer movement in Belarus. It includes a training program for youth, a summer work camp in a small village in the northern part of Belarus and publication about volunteer movement. The project is implemented in cooperation with a local NGO "Women for revival of Narochansky edge" (June - December 2008).
- The project "Towards a Life-Long Active Society" (TOLLAS) has been launched in January 2011 within the programme of the European Commission "Non-State Actors and Local Authorities in Development". The project is implemented by DVV international and its partners. The overall objective of the project is to contribute to an inclusive, pluralistic and empowered society in Belarus. The specific objective is to empower representatives of the elderly generation to play an active role in local decision making and to improve the capacity of state and non-state actors to adequately represent specific needs and interests of seniors (2011).
- The project "Nature-friendly house in the village" is an international ecological summer camp in which young people from Belarus, Hungary and Germany met with tradition and present of the village in different countries, discussed important ecological problems, took part in the eco-actions and eco-building. The camp was held in a beautiful place in Germany (2010) and Hungary (2011). The project was realized with the support of the program ewoca3, financed and managed by the Foundation Mercator and IBB Dortmund.
- The project "Non-formal education for Beginners" offers young members of civil society organizations introduction into the non-formal education field and participation in training of trainers. The project started in 2011 under support of Polish ministry of foreign affairs in cooperation with UNESCO centre and Foundation of European Studies (Wroclaw, Poland) (July-December 2011).
- Club of sustainable development. Manual for leaders, Minsk, 2005.
- Outdoor education. Manual for teachers and trainers, Minsk, 2008.