Асоциация Съвременни Читалища
Innovative Community Centres Association
Klokotnitsa Str. 29, Floor 2, Office 5
1202 Sofia, Bulgaria
Tel.: (00359) 2 416 1504
- Helping to ensure the right to vocational education and training of citizens according to their personal interests and abilities and meet the needs of qualified workforce competitive on the labour market.
- Provides conditions for training and development of the widest possible range of users, including groups and individuals with disabilities, different ethnic groups and religions, poor people, unemployed, addicts, youth and children.
- Cooperates for promoting the positive recognition of the Bulgarian community centre and enhancing its role and significance for the development of local communities, whereas contributing to the social importance of community centres as focal points of the local cultural, educational and information development.
- formal, non-formal and informal education
- social change, active citizenship
- cultural awareness and knowledge
- environmental sustainability
- vocational trainings
- key competencies trainings
Projects financed by Human Resources Development Operational Programme and Leonardo da Vinci Programme
Our association is founded in September 2004 as non-for-profit legal entity. It is registered in the Register of non-for-profit legal entities implementing activities in public interest. In 2006 Vocational Training Center of Association was certified by National Agency for Vocational Education and Training. In 2008 we were one of founders of AGORA platform /Active Communities for Development Alternatives/ and in 2009 of
the Citizen Participation Forum. ICCA has implemented 125 trainings in the period 2010-2013 with the general number of 1096 people who took part in them.