Obere Wilhelmstraße 32
53225 Bonn, Germany
Tel.: (0049) 022 897 5690
dvv international is the Institute for International Cooperation of the German Adult Education Association (Deutscher Volkshochschul-Verband e.V., DVV). As a global expert in Adult Education, dvv international has advocated for Lifelong Learning for over 40 years and is cooperating with more than 200 partners in 36 countries. dvv international is particularly committed to the education of disadvantaged people and its goal to fight poverty through education.
The Institute provides support in the development and expansion of structures for Youth and Adult Education in developing and transition countries. In addition it cooperates with government, civil society and academic partner organisations of Adult Education in 36 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Europe. The subject matter focal points range from basic education and literacy, training, sustainable development and health education through to intercultural learning and education in democracy.
Together with regional and globally active professional Adult Education associations, the Institute is involved in essential international information and advocacy work. It promotes the European and global exchange of information and expertise on Adult Education and development through conferences, seminars and publications.
With its programme “Global learning in the Adult Education Centre”, dvv international cultivates development education in Germany.
1. Jordan: Adult Education of Poverty Reduction, 2013-2015, Partners: Jordan Hashemite Fund for Human Development (JOHUD)/The Queen Zein Al Sharaf Institute for Development (ZENID)
2. Kyrgyzstan: CHANCE. Adult Education in Penitentiary System: a chance for a better future, 2012/2013, 18 Months, Partners: Kyrgyz Adult Education Association (KAEA)
3. Turkey/Armenia: Speaking to one another: Adult Education and Oral History Contributing to Turkish Armenian reconciliation, 2009-2013, 37 months, Partners: Anadolu Kültür - Turkey, Hazarashen and Armenian Actors Union - Armenia
4. Skills Training and Non-Formal Education for Poverty Reduction in Karamoja, 2010-2014, 60 months,
Partners: dvv international (applicant), Uganda Adult Education Network (UGAADEN), Caritas Kotido
Publications are available.
4. Pamoja West Africa, based in Mali
Pamoja West Africa brings together 12 national networks of Reflect practitioners and supporters (National Pamojas) from anglophone, francophone and lusophone countries in the sub region and it is part of Pamoja, the Africa Reflect Network, supported by dvv international since 2003
5. South Africa: Popular Education Programme, Since 2011, The Popular Educatin Programme builds on traditions of ‘People’s Education’ in South Africa, and non-formal adult education for transformation in other parts of the world
6. Morocco: Université des Savoirs et des Apprentissages à Marrakech, Creation of an urban adult learning institution, inspired by the german model of VHS, supported by dvv international since 2011
Partner : Centre de Développement de la Région de Tensift (CDRT)