5. How to attract and cooperate with sponsors
5. 1. Find sponsors
- Communicate your benefits to attract and gain sponsors.
- Define your product and present it accurately.
- Keep your message simple, so that people can relate to them.
- Find private companies that will have an interest in adult education.
- Use personal contacts to overcome the filters within companies – also contacts of your staff and your learners.
- Try the local level and local contacts.
- Create connections - Make it personal.
- Partnerships are about dialogue, interaction and exchange, it’s not a one-way relationship.
- Be able to offer them something in return, like an audience for a specific campaign or product.
- Find out how it connects to the specific brands of the companies – or to their customers or their staff.
- Put together reports – and show how the money is spent, in a concrete way.
5.3. New ideas
- Present new ideas, like for example every time a ticket is sold at a cinema they will hand out a postcard informing the customer about adult education activities.