This webpage is dedicated to the WWI related initiative "Remembering for the Future", launched by EAEA and DVV. Throughout 2014 we will update this site with information and media, highlighting activities that link the remembrance of World War One with discussions and thoughts on the future of Europe.
- Link World War I related activities together in order to create dialogue, research and discussion
- Implement reflection and dialogue on World War I in EU-Countries on a national, regional and/or local level
- Tie WWI to current developments in Europe in order to learn from history and to infuse interest in discussing a mutual, European future
- Build networks for Adult Educators and learners
- Raise awareness among EU-citizens on the impacts of nationalism and xenophobia
- Adult Education organisations and other adult education providers across Europe
- To get visibility and dissemination services for your World War I related activities
- To receive recognition for your work by participating in the EAEA Grundtvig Awards 2014
- To network with other adult education providers and learners
- To join activities in order to get more attention to the outcomes of the projects
01/2014 - 12/2014
Raffaela Kihrer: raffaela.kihrer[at]eaea.org
See the full initiative proposal here.