21, 22 and 23 September 2006
Academic Mobility: Crossed perspectives
Full call and proposal form at http://www.hum.utu.fi/ranskakk/fran.htm
Teaching staff involved in student mobility, researchers in higher/international education, graduate/postgraduate students, international educators, administrators in charge of mobility programmes, policy makers, directors and staff in international offices, Erasmus/Socrates offices.
Aim of the conference:
The main aim of the conference is to provide a multidisciplinary forum for discussing the actors of academic mobility. Papers are welcomed from linguistics, education, anthropology, sociology, psychology, geography and educational policy, among others.
Mike Byram, School of Education, University of Durham, UK
- Martine Abdallah-Pretceille, Universities of Paris III & Paris VIII, France
- Elizabeth Murphy-Lejeune, Department of French, Saint Patrick¹s College, Dublin, Ireland
- Vassiliki Papatsiba, Open University, UK
- Eija Suomela-Salmi, Department of French Studies, University of Turku, Finland
- Geneviève Zarate, INALCO, France
Call for Proposals
Submissions will be invited in the following categories in English or in French :
(1) Research papers (20 minutes + 15 minutes for questions) These papers should document established results, and be written according to highest academic standards.
(2) Presentations on work in progress (20 minutes + 10 minutes for questions and comments from audience) These papers may address issues still being worked upon. However, academic rigour is expected.
The author(s) should submit one 200-word abstract with the Proposal Form below. It should include:
- the title;
- the name, institution phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of each author;
- objectives or purposes;
- perspective(s) or theoretical framework;
- methods, techniques, or modes of inquiry;
- data sources or evidence;
- results and/or conclusions/point of view.
Complete all sections of the attached Proposal Form and include your abstract on the form. Send one copy embedded within an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have electronic access, you may send your abstract to Academic Mobility, C/O F. Dervin, Department of French Studies, Henrikinkatu 2, 20014 Turun Yliopisto, Finland
For the organising committee:
Telephone: +358 2 3336041
Fax : +358-(0)2-333 6560