INSTITUTO ERGASIAS TIS GSEE Greece
This is the educational institution of the General Confederation of Greek Workers, which organises union education and training for its members and for the middle and upper level trade unions officials. It is organised at a national level, with 11 regional and 5 sectorial branches. The institute also
- carries out research and studies on labour relations and has a documentation and publishing department,
- develops vocational education and training programmes for all sectors and underprivileged social groups,
- develops training programmes for trainers of adults,
- actively participates in EU programmes and human resources networks,
- organises open days and seminars,
- develops associative relations with European and international WEAs,
- organises union training seminars for unions of the Balkan countries.
Since its foundation the GCGW has operated a training department which was only reorganised as a Study and Documentation Centre (KEMETE) in 1982. In 1990 the Institute was established from the KEMETE. It processes the positions taken by the GCGW in the context of the social dialogue. Since 1997 the Institute functions as an observatory of labour relations and is funded by the Dublin-based European Foundation for the improvement of Living and Working conditions.
INE/GSEE (1998) Silogiko Ergo-Sindikata ke epagelmatiki katartisi (Unions and vocational training INE/GCGW) (in Greek).