Hellenic Adult Education Association
Hellenic Adult Education Association (HAsAE)
Prof. Alexis Kokkos
Pefkakion 13 - Aghia Paraskevi
Tel: +30 210 6012 297
Fax: +30 210 3890 320
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
The achievement of the goals of the Hellenic Adult Education Association is accomplished through the following activities:
Implementation a) of training or tutoring programs b) of distance educational programs c) of training of trainers programs.
Implementation of planning and evaluation studies of adult education programs, as well as scientific researches on relevant topics.
Organization of public discussions, seminars, symposiums and conferences on a Greek and International level.
Designing adult education programs and development of relevant educational material.
Implementation of European programs co-funded by the European Union.
Provision of consultation support to public and private agencies, as well as individuals who are active in the Adult Education field.
Publication of books and production of printed, audio visual and electronic material tailored to the principles and methods of adult and distance education.
Publication of the quarterly scientific journal "Adult Education", which functions under a Scientific Committee and a Judge Committee.
Cooperation with similar Greek and International bodies.
Operation of a lending Library.
Activities concerning the promotion and development of professional and scientific interests of the members of the Association.
Activities of the Hellenic Adult Education Association from 2004 - present:
•9th International Transformative Learning Conference www.TLCathens2011.gr •Four International Conferences, Five International seminars with the participation of Jack Mezirow, Jane Thomson, Colin Grifin, Peter Jarvis, Knud Illeris, Michel Alhadeff-Jones Brian Findsen etc.
•Numerous seminars and workshops.
1.The HAEA was a partner in the European Community initiative EQUAL: "Syn Praxis - Collaboration for employment". The program, completed in 2007, focused on the upgrade of professional qualification of Employment Advisors who work with sensitive social groups.
2. HAEA was a partner in the European Program "E-MODE: Engage trainers in learning MODules and matErial creation" within the context of the GRUNDTVIG 2008 program of the European Union. The main goal of the program was to determine the attitudes and practice of adult educators concerning the development of educational modules and material in the framework of distance education.
3. The HAEA is the coordinator of the GRUNDTVIG European Program "Development of Innovative Methods of Training the Trainers" ARTiT, which is implemented from 20120 and will be completed in 2012. The program aims to the development of an innovative methodology for training adult educators, with the use of distance training, so they are in position to design their educational modules based on the systematic observation of Works of Art and thus promote critical thinking and creativity for their adult learners (www.artit.eu). Other partners of the program are the Hellenic Open University, the University of Roskilde, Denmark and adult education agencies from Denmark, Romania and Sweden.
4. The Association was a partner in the GRUNDTVIG program "Relational Elements of the Teaching Role»- RETRO- which aimed to support adult educators to manage successfully the relationships developed during the education of seniors, disadvantaged individuals, migrants, individuals of various educational backgrounds, but also in typical groups of learners. It was implemented from March 2009 till June 2011.
•Journal "Adult Education" (quarterly - 27 volumes published, 50 pages each).
1. Proceedings of the 1st International Conference of the Hellenic Adult Education Association (2004)
2. Efstratoglou A. (2006), Basic dimensions of literacy in Greece.
3. Lintzeris, P. (2007). The importance of critical reflection and rational dialogue in Jack Mezirow´s theory of Transformative Learning.
4. Kokkos, Α. (2008), Educating Trainers in Greece: Evaluation study of the first national Train the Trainers program.
5. Chasidou, M. (2009). Critical Reflection and Transformation in Adult Education through the art of Theatre. Using as an example Ibsen´s "Vampires".
6. Lazaridou, C. (2010). Third Age Education
INVOLVEMENT IN PROJECTS