Università Popolare Pontina
Pontine People s University
Claudia Mollica, Valeria Leggio
Via della Quercia s.n.c.
Tel: 00393473355071 0032472986274
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
The "Università Popolare Pontina" of Terracina introduced the Academic Year the 15th of December 2006, having already won the First Audience Award at the regional contest "Lazio, Terre, genti e miti" (Latium, Lands, People and Myths) with the short film "Settembre". The competition was organized by CORECOM Lazio.
"Settembre" tells the tragic event of the Terracina bombing during September 1943, by allied forces and the consequent mop up by German troops. The short film mixes up these scenes with daily life moments in the Terracina of 60 years ago, when many people´s life took its course in half-dark basements odorous of must during vintage season to make ‘Moscato´ wine.
Introduction of the Academic Year on December 2006 in the presence of Authorities
On Dicember 2006 we counted 70 members.
On August 2007 members are 160.
An official website has been opened: www.uppterracina.eu where articles are published on regular basis, and Newsletters are sent to all the members to inform them about news.
18 Courses activated into 12 Departments
• Promotion of culture in all possible expressions, sectors and forms, with particularl reference to long-life-learning.
• Promotion and fulfillment of projects focused on civic sense.
• Promotion of cultural education as an instrument of social improvement.
• Culture promotion among young people offering educational opportunities and cultural tools to the deserving ones.
• Promotion and fulfillment - eventually in collaboration with Public/Private bodies - of school vocational actions and job vocational training.
• Promotion and fulfillment - in concert with Universities and other Cultural Institutes - of initiatives focused on the professional updating of people employed locally.
• Becoming link/connection point between Universities, Companies, Associations, Citizens, in order to pursue social, economical and istitutional aims.
• Promoting collaboration among Universities and other Educational Bodies; carrying out university decentralization, promoting courses, seminars, conventions locally.
• Promoting experience and knowldenge exchange among different associations and citizens.
Enlargement of the core team and the collaborators, in order to expand the organizational capabilities.
Reach the number of 21 activated courses in the year 2007-2008.
English course (I and II level);
Italian course for foreigners;
Arabic language course;
European computer driving licence - E.C.D.L.;
Web designer course;
Computer basics course;
Analogical and Digital Photography course;
Comunication in human relathionships;
First Aid course;
Belly dance course;
Music courses: piano, guitar, music and computer, percussions;
Drawing, painting and artistic handycraft courses;
Batik and Serti course;
Estetic and sculpture massage course;
French Manicure course;
Night and Day Make-up course;
Tailoring and Dressmaking course;
Tuition and support to school subjects.
Seminary "Target Family" A safe usage of the mediums for mass communication and children protection.
Short movie Settembre
Adult and Children Education, Languages, Maths, Sciences, Psychology, Social Sciences, Medicine, History, Law, Economy, Local Development, Cinema, Photograph, Music, Paint, Tourism, Sport, Free Time