Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University
Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University
Halyna Vdovychenko, Head of the International Department
18/2 Vorovskogo Str
Tel: +38044 272-1862
Fax: +38044 272-1862
www: kmpu.edu.ua (in Ukrainian) ; partner.kmpu.edu.ua (in English)
The courses on improving teacher training for the teachers of schools within Kyiv City educational district were created in 1874. On this base the Borys Grinchenko Institute was founded in 1919. At the beginning of 1990-s the Institute licensed the training of foreign language teachers and obtained the right to train teachers of Ukrainian language and literature, psychology, social pedagogics, elementary school teachers and teachers of preschool education, and other majors. The Institute had justly turned into a scientific and methodological center of Kyiv region. In 2002 the Institute was reorganized into Kyiv Municipal Pedagogical University by B.D. Grinchenko. In 2009 the University was transformed from pedagogical profile to a multi-profile classic educational institution and it was renamed into Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University.
According to the University Statute its activities are:
1. Education - principal disciplines:
- Pedagogy (preschool, primary school, art, music, physical culture)
- Practical Psychology
- Social Pedagogy
- Informational Sciences
- Management of Organisation
- Management in Education
- Conferences, seminars, round-tables, forums
- Doctoral study program
- Scientific publications
- Student scientific community
- Special boards for awarding doctoral degree in:
o General Pedagogy and History of Pedagogy
o Theory and Methodology of Professional Education
o History of Ukraine
o Philology (Ukrainian)
3. Social humanitarian activity
4. International activity
- Modern educational technologies;
- Staff development program.
The activities of the University are based on a modern education paradigm which looks at education as a main factor and mechanism of individual development; forming spiritual, moral, intellectual and creative qualities of a person.
Galyna Maguza, PhD
"Waldorf Pedagogy Development" (Internationale Assoziation für Waldorfpädagogik);
"Center of Innovative Knowledge" (The World Bank);
"Training for Managers in Education: European Levels - Standards - Competencies" (Linnaeus University);
"Legal educators competence - a key rule of law in education" (Foundation "Renaissance");
"Forming an open educational environment for developing the legal competence of educators" (Foundation "Renaissance");
"Inclusive Eduation" (Heidelberg University)
"Peer coaching" (Microsoft)
Publications in 2010:
155 researches in pedagogic scientific journals
33 publications in foreign editions
9 textbooks (approved by the Ministry of Education and Science)
Some of our publications:
- Kalashnikova S. Adult education on the basis of competence approach: teaching materials. - Kyiv, 2008.
- Kalashnikova S. Educational paradigm of professionalization on the principles of leadership. - Kyiv, 2010. - 390 p.
- Kalashnikova S. Principles of professional training of educational institutions heads (Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University experience) // Vyshcha shkola: scientific and practical edition. - Kyiv, 2010. - № 9. - P.25-33.
- Diatlenko N. Andragogical approach to postgraduate education preschool teachers // Osvitologichniy dyskurs. - 2010. - № 1. - Electronic resource: http://innovations.kmpu.edu.ua/ENFV/2010_1/10dnmvdz.pdf
- Burenko V. Pedagogical conditions of motivational readiness of students to study during a second higher education // Osvitologichniy dyskurs. - 2010. - № 2. - Electronic resource: http://innovations.kmpu.edu.ua/ENFV/2010_2/10bvmvam.pdf
- Kocherhа A. Innovative approaches to the organization process of the school courses teacher qualifications // Osvitologichniy dyskurs. - 2010. - № 2. - Electronic resource: http://innovations.kmpu.edu.ua/ENFV/2010_2/10kovpkp.pdf
- Proceedings of the International scientific conference "Andragogy and Life Long Learning: Educational Ideals of Human Society" on 13th September, 2010 at Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University are published in:
The pedagogical process: theory and practice. Scientific Papers. In two parts. - Kyiv. 2010. Dedicated to the XI week of adult education in Ukraine modern family education for adults. 11-17 September 2010.
Priorities (strategic goals) of the University's development:
- Introducing new perspective majors;
- Increasing the quality of educational services and ensuring their correspondence to national, European and international standards and requirements of Bologna process;
- Curriculum modernization (curriculum, programs, education's content);
- Introducing innovative approaches, methods and tools of education in the University;
- Reinforcement of scientific-expert support of Kyiv's development;
- Providing effective interaction and collaboration with the services' customers and clients;
- Intensifying activity in the international and European educational space.