To see more detailed info about any member, just click on the name.
Show all members
Andragosko drustvo Slovenije
Slovenian Adult Education Association (SAEA)
Dr. Zoran Jelenc
Tel: +386-1 5842 560
Fax: +386-1 5842 550
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Zoran.email@example.com
The Slovenian Adult Education Association was established in 1968 as a confirmation of and response to the Yugoslav budding field of the education of adults. It formed a constituent part of the Yugoslav Association of the Education of Adults. It is the only voluntary, non-profit national association drawing together adult educators from different fields and institutions of the education of adults, either individuals, universities or firms (private or public) and organisations.
- represent andragogy and the education of adults in the contemporary social circumstances,
- ensure the equivalency and equality of the systemic regulation of the education of adults in the overall system of education in all fields of the systemic regulation (governance, legislation, financing, development of the network of providers and programmes, and infrastructure),
- enforce the role and status of workers in adult education in the society and their representation in the name of the andragogical discipline,
Dr. Zoran Jelenc
INVOLVEMENT IN NATIONAL PROJECTS
- Career in the light of andragogy, andragogical concepts of the career and professional paths, implications for the praxis. So far the discussion among the professionals has been carried out. A symposium ids foreseen.
- Education through the media - a round table.
- The National Strategy on the Lifelong Learning - challenges for its implications (symposiums and discussions all over Slovenia).
- Meeting the memories - presentations of the Slovenian Adult Education Association in the various periods of its development with reminiscences of its members - presentations, discussions; a booklet is foreseen.
- Education of the elderly - education in the third age; symposia and discussions in various regions of Slovenia,
6. Promotion of the strategy on lifelong learning - operational plan to implement the project at the local level -discussions and consultations in various Slovenian sites,
- Lifelong learning and the formation of the public policy - the influence of the concept and strategy of lifelong learning on the educational terminology - symposium with publication,
- The quality of the education of adults -examples of good practice
- The development of concepts of lifelong learning; understanding humanity of humans as a necessary prerequisite in forming the strategy of lifelong learning - a consultation
- Terminology in the field of special andragogy - consultation
- Delivering programmes for adults with special needs - inclusive approach; preparation of the programme for adult educators
- Education of adults in higher education and in the research and innovative strategy of Slovenia of 2011-2020, discussion and preparation of the consultations at the Slovenian level
- Education of adults in the local community - evaluation study, discussion in focus groups in the local community; publication foreseen
- Intergenerational cohabitation as an element of lifelong learning - consultation and discussion in various parts of Slovenia
- Equity in the education of adults - discussion in the expert group; consultation is foreseen
- Education of adults as a field of intersectoral cooperation - analysis of the practice and consultation at the Slovenian level. Plan for 2012.
The main aims of the association are to:
- enforce the education of adults and andragogy in Slovenia,
- take care of modernising and updating the education of andragogues and andragogical workers, and at the same time endeavour to constantly improve their workplace readiness in the field of the education of adults, also with the exchange of good practice and information in the professional sphere,
- spread scientific knowledge and experiences in the education of adults either at home or worldwide by conference papers or public releases,
- cooperate with professional and scientific organisations and societies, associations or other forms of organisations which activities are important for the development of the association.