In order to promote the rights, inclusion and participation of people with disabilities in all aspects of life, it is essential to mainstream a disability perspective in all relevant policy areas and at all stages of policy making.
This call for proposals aims at supporting pilot projects, which are intended to facilitate and encourage activities to mainstream disability
- in all relevant policy areas;
- at all levels (EU, national, regional and local);
- at all stages of policy-making (elaboration, implementation, monitoring and evaluation);
- with all relevant actors, including organisations representatives of people with disabilities, to foster partnerships between all the stakeholders.
Projects are expected to support the further development of a dynamic process of mainstreaming in an enlarged Europe (EU of 25 countries), taking into account the actual situations in the 25 Member States, as well as developments triggered by the European Year of People with Disabilities (2003).
The projects also aim:
- to promote and disseminate the disability business case by and/or to employers and producers of goods and services;
- and to promote accessibility for all with regard to the built environment and public infrastructures.
Proposals will be excluded if:
- They do not involve actions in line with the objectives laid down by the present call for proposals.
- They do not meet the transnationality requirements (i.e. involve organisations representing at least five different Member States of an enlarged Europe of 25countries).
- They do not include at least one organisation representing people with disabilities.
- The Community grant requested is less than €180.000 and/or more than €500.000.
Application and Guidelines